Measurement of fractional exhaled nitric oxide (FENO) is a quick, reliable, non-invasive method to assess airway inflammation. The technique is commonly used as a supplementary diagnostic tool for asthma diagnosis and to guide asthma treatment.
FeNO measurement applications in clinical studies:
- evaluate a response to treatment with an investigational medical product (IMP) e.g. steroid therapy
- assessment of bioequivalence
- measure presence or absence of airway inflammation
- determine the likelihood of steroid responsiveness
- monitor patient inhalative corticosteroids (ICS) treatment adherence and allergen exposure
CTC has the capability to perform FeNO measurements at our research clinics and has recent experience of using the technique in clinical study setting.